7 Best Folding Beds Product Reviews For 2020
If you have limited space but still determined to accommodate overnight guests, a folding bed may come in handy. In fact, folding beds are widely sold out even though they are not meant to be permanent beds. Compared with conventional beds, the best folding beds can be comfortable and durable without requiring too much room space. At the same time, these functional beds can be an elegant piece of furniture in the room. With less space consumption and weight to worry about, you can get this portable bed at an affordable price. Thus, this guide will help you with how you can spot the best folding bed on the market.
Top Folding Beds Reviews For 2020
Coleman ComfortSmart Cot
Get the quality sleep you need wherever you are with this Editor’s Choice Coleman ComfortSmart cot. It is designed and constructed with a special ComfortSmart coil suspension system that gives it resilience. It also comes with a thick mattress pad that can give you a comfortable sleep all night. Whether you want to use it at home or in camping sites, this portable bed is designed to offer convenience. Its strong frame made from steel provides optimum support to users that weigh up to 275 pounds and 5’7” tall. It’s so compact that you can fit it inside most car trunks or keep it inside a cabinet until a guest arrives.
May it be for personal use or not, this ComfortSmart cot is what we recommend who wants a portable bed. Its mattress pad may not be that thick for superior comfort but it is enough to give users a quality sleep.
ibed FPB956 Corner Housewares Folding Hideaway Guest Bed with Storage Bag
With a compact design, you can literally stash this under your bed when folded. This folding bed is specially designed for guests as it includes a complete set of folding bed and mattress. It also includes a bonus storage bag which can keep it clean and fresh while in storage. This ibed Corner Housewares don’t have any standard bars that most users find uncomfortable which makes it a great pick. Its included mattress is also 2 inches thick to make sure that your guest is relaxed. Most importantly, it doesn’t require assembly so you can already use it right out of the box.
When it comes to comfort and convenience, this folding bed is definitely one of the best. From kids to adults, we recommend this complete set of folding bed and mattress to accommodate guests. But what we like about this bed is that it arrives fully assembled in a box. Thus, it’s definitely a must-have.
Milliard Premium Folding Bed with Luxurious Memory Foam Mattress
As a premium product from Milliard, this folding bed comes with a luxurious memory foam mattress. Thus, you can assure yourself that it is more comfortable compared with other models. When it comes to bed support, this portable bed comes with a trampoline bed base which is supple but supportive. It also includes 4 wheels for the convenience of moving it around when folded. In case you fear that its feet might snap close while you or your guest sleeps, it has stabilizer bars. These bars will ensure you that the bed will remain stable and solid even if you or your guest moves a lot in sleep.
Perfect for those who prefer a more secure folding bed, we highly recommend this one from Milliard. We like the fact that its offered comfort goes beyond the usual by using a thick memory foam mattress. It even includes additional mattress support which prevents it from slipping. Moreover, easy to assemble which we recommend for those who hate spending hours working with tools and parts.
Zinus Traveler Premier Folding Twin Guest Bed
This Twin Size folding bed is great for occasional sleepovers and camping. It has a metal grid design that keeps it stable and durable or years of use while protecting the mattress. Since it weighs about 33.4 pounds only, you can carry it around with ease with a free storage bag. When maintaining its cleanliness, you can simply remove its mattress cover and wash it using a mild detergent soap. Most importantly, it is very easy to set up which makes it very convenient.
Zinus SM-M-GB-T Traveler Elite Folding Guest Bed Frame with Comfort Foam Mattress
Coming from a well-known brand, this folding bed from Zinus is pretty impressive for its price. Perfect for occasional use to accommodate an overnight guest, this traveler elite folding bed provides both support and comfort. It is designed with a compact bed frame that comes with a thick mattress. Furthermore, its mattress is made from CertiPUR-US Certified foam which proves its foam’s reliability and durability. Its extra space underneath also makes a great space to store some of your things to save space.
Milliard MIL-RAB-4 Lightweight Folding Cot with Mattress
Designed to offer premium support and comfort, this rollaway folding bed also come with 4 pieces of nylon casters. These wheels can pivot into a full 360 degrees that allows you to roll and move it around with maximum convenience. Its legs include plastic locks that prevent it from collapsing while you sleep. Though it can be a little too low for adults, it suits kids who can’t climb on high beds yet. Moreover, it is quick and simple to set up in just a few minutes.
Mecor Folding Bed with Mattress
Portability is one of the major characteristics of folding beds and this model is definitely one of them. This is a fold away bed that is reinforced by a tubular steel frame that has a built-in center support. Thus, this adds stability to the bed and helps the mattress last longer. Its folding design which comes with wheels and adjustable trident buck give it better mobility for convenience. Once assembled, you just have to unfold it whenever you need it. Thus, it’s a great ready-to-use folding bed for guests.
Buying Guide of Best Folding Beds
There’s no doubt that the best folding beds can solve your problem in space and budget. But in spite of the folding bed’s affordability, there are still some things to consider when buying one. In order to make the most of your investment, check out some of the top things to take note of below:
Types of Folding Bed
- Hideaway Bed – also known as the wall bed, this type of folding bed is quite popular in studio type apartments and condos. As its name suggests, it can be folded to hideaway its bed on desks or cabinets. Some models look like any other bed when it’s pulled out then as a sofa when they are closed. Thus, it is perfect for those who have a very small space to fit in a bed. However, this bed doesn’t work well with everyone since some may encounter difficulty in operating its mechanism. Moreover, it is almost impossible to move around since it is typically attached to the wall.
- Rollaway Bed – this type of folding bed is pretty common in households since this modern bed is very compact and portable. Different from regular beds, rollaway beds offer a more versatile solution for those who need a bed that is easier to move around. One of its major features is its set of wheels which allow it to be rolled anywhere you need it. Compared with the most hideaway beds, this folding bed requires less space for storage. You can literally hide it behind the door after using it.
- Futon – for those who like to keep a versatile bed, this futon sofa bed is a great choice. This 2-in-1 furniture is one of the most in-demand folding beds since it functions as a sofa and a bed. Depending on your taste and preference, you can choose one with either a wooden frame or a metal frame. Some manufacturers also offer futon beds that combine the efficiency of wood and metal parts.
- Static Bed – compared with other folding beds, this static bed is literally bulky and heavy. It looks just like any normal sofa when the bed is hidden underneath the sofa’s cushions. Thus, is typically heavier than regular sofas since it hides a bed frame and mattress inside.
- Compact Cot – also known as the travel cot or camping cot, this folding bed is considered as the most portable choice. It is perfect for camping, beaches, and even just out in your backyard since it is very compact and lightweight. Some can be available in inflatable airbeds which children love. However, it is not the most comfortable bed that you can sink in without a nice mattress pad.
Size and Weight
Once you’ve decided which type of folding bed you need to buy, choose the right size you need. Though folding beds are typically compact, it also comes in various sizes to fit in the customers’ needs. You can get a Twin Size bed up to Queen Size to offer your guest a bed to crash on. However, a bigger size means a heavier folding bed to fit in your place. If you want a folding bed that you can carry around easily then take note of its size and weight.
It is also worth it to know if the manufacturer reveals its folding beds’ weight limit. This can help you determine if it really supports you without breaking in half while you or your guest sleeps.
Aside from the folding bed’s portability, it’s also important to consider the mattress. Whether it is you or your guest who will use it, it’s vital to consider who will use it. To make sure that it’s comfortable for you or your guest to sleep on, a memory foam mattress is ideal. Generally, the thicker the mattress is the better.
To make sure that lasts for years, don’t forget to consider the materials that are used in its construction. Knowing the brand can also help you determine how reliable the folding bed on offer is. Generally, folding beds that are made from a full metal frame last longer with proper maintenance. At the same time, those folding beds with thick and heavy-duty mattress tend to be more durable.
The best folding beds vary in size, weight, design, and functionality. Due to the special characteristics of folding beds to save space, it is a popular product among customers. But when it comes to design, make sure that it’s easy to operate especially if you lack extra muscle power. Thus, it should not give you a hard time closing and opening the bed regardless of its size. Of course, its portability also matters since smaller and lighter beds are easier to move and to store. If can’t lift heavy items, a folding bed with sturdy wheels can be a great solution.