6 Best Pull Out Sofa Beds-Product Reviews For 2022
Don’t have enough space to fit both a large comfy bed and a comfortable sofa in your small apartment? Or maybe you’d really like to use that guest bedroom space for a home office, but still want to have overnight guests sometimes? A pull out sofa bed is a great solution for you. Many modern sofas are available in advanced designs and more stylish than ever. 2-in-1 furniture is perfect for small houses, apartments, or dormitories. A quality pull out sofa bed can help you save money and space. It’s also a great solution for accommodating overnight guests. Here is our guide for choosing the best sofa bed.
Best Pull Out Sofa Beds-Reviews 2022
1. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Larkinhurst Traditional Sleeper Sofa, Queen Size
As the Editor’s Choice, this pull out sofa bed from Ashley Furniture is no doubt a great investment. It has a traditional full sleeper sofa design that features rounded armrests, firm seat cushions, and a concealed mattress. Its pull out mattress has a damask ticking case that allows better airflow for cooler sleep. A metal frame supports the memory foam mattress when pulled out from under the cushions. A thick basil-hued poly fiber with corded trim covers its high-density seat cushions for a classic and stylish look. Moreover, it is designed with an easy-lift mechanism which makes it easy to operate.
- Weighs 212 lbs with 39 x 89 x 38″ product dimension
- Classic full sleeper sofa with 22.50″ seat depth, 20.50″ seat height, and 26.50″ arm height
- Queen Size memory foam mattress with a bi-fold design measuring 60 x 72 x 4.25″
- Corner blocked frame provides support to the mattress when pulled out
- Attached back cushions and removable seat cushions provide excellent support with pocketed coils
- 2 decorative pillows and soft feather pillows have a zipper access and polyester case
- Nailhead trim and exposed 3.5″ legs with a faux wood finish
If space is a concern, this Ashley Furniture pull out sofa bed can be a great solution. It is covered with weathered leather that is washed in earthy Southeastern tones to bring out its classic beauty. We also love the look of the rounded armrests and wood finish.
- Arrives as a fully assembled pull out sofa bed
- Very versatile and functional furniture
- Functions with an easy-to-lift mechanism
- Nailhead trim with tufting gives a classic look
- Comes with free throw pillows and soft feather pillows
- The foam may release a chemical smell that requires off-gassing
- The arm support could use a little more padding to make it comfortable to lean on
2. Homelegance Sleigh Daybed with Trundle Bed, Twin Size
This is our Budget Pick from Homelegance. For less than $500, you can own this versatile daybed. Since it uses a mattress instead of regular seat cushions, it provides more comfort even as a sofa. Moreover, it includes a trundle bed underneath which allows you to accommodate one more sleeper.
- Weighs 189.2 lbs and measures 83.75 x 44 x 41.25″ as a daybed, 75.75 x 40.25 x 11.75″ as a trundle
- Sleigh daybed style makes it multi-functional as a sofa or a bed
- Button-tufted back panel and nailhead accent along its curved armrests give it a sophisticated look
- High seating depth allows it to fit different kinds of mattresses that are up to 8″ thick
- Neutral dark gray fabric that is made from 100% polyester
- Sturdy frame and slat design provides sufficient support as a daybed
Far from being an ordinary daybed, this model from Homelegance under the Tulney Collection is designed as a trundle bed. This means that it can accommodate 2 sleepers and still save space when not in use. Using Twin Size mattresses, we recommend this for budget-seekers who live in dorms and studio apartments.
- Affordable but designed with a touch of elegance
- Durable and supportive
- Comes with a caster for easier access to the trundle
- Requires minor assembly once unboxed
- Ideal for guest rooms, dorms, and children’s rooms
- Doesn’t come with a mattress for the sofa and trundle
- The armrests don’t provide any comfort
- Some inserts aren’t aligned properly for a smooth assembly
3. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Lottie Sleeper Sofa, Queen Size
Another great product from Ashley Furniture, this sleeper sofa comes with a Queen Size mattress. Under the Signature Design collection, this one can give you the awesome look and texture of leather at a low cost. At the same time, its faux leather upholstery doesn’t require maintenance like genuine leather upholstery. It also has nailhead trim that highlights its clean outline and goldtone finish which gives it an antiqued look. Most importantly, its memory foam mattress allows better air circulation to help you sleep comfortably.
- Weighs 184 lbs with 39 x 84 x 39″ product dimension
- Classic full sleeper sofa with 21.50″ seat depth, 21″ seat height, and 25.50″ arm height
- Rounded armrests covered with thick foam provide comfort
- Nailhead trim on each armrest gives it a classic look
- Fits a Queen Size bi-fold memory foam mattress that measures 60 x 80″
- Transitional style with elegant curves, antique goldtone finish, and exposed faux wood feet finish give it a warm and cozy appeal
- Thick low melt poly fiber upholstery covers the entire sofa bed including its high-density foam cushions
This sleeper sofa model is a great solution for maximizing limited space. With its great combination of style and functionality, we can certainly recommend it as a must-have pull out sofa bed.
- Doesn’t require regular maintenance like genuine leather
- Fully enveloped and protected by a durable poly-fiber upholstery
- Comes with removable seat cushions and attached backrests
- Constructed with bustle backrest that provides spinal support
- The memory foam mattress lacks enough support for some users
- The seat depth is a little shallow for some users
4. Signature Sleep Casey Faux Leather Sleeper Sofa, Queen Size
This Signature Sleep sleeper sofa combines comfort and convenience in a single piece of furniture. This product is designed with modern, clean lines, detailed piping, and wooden block legs. This elegant sofa bed can easily match decor in any room and become the center of attention. In terms of functionality, it’s very simple to convert from a sofa to a Queen Size bed.
- Weighs 149 lbs and measures 32.5 x 74.5 x 35.5″ as a sofa, 65.5 x 35.5 x 87″ as a bed
- Contemporary style with wide track armrests ensures your comfort
- Detailed piping around each armrest and seat cushion give it a clear outline that emphasizes its simple design
- Fits a 6.5″ futon mattress that molds to your body shape and maintains an equal distribution of weight
- Proven and tested with CertiPUR-US Certified foam
- Free from mercury, lead, and other harmful materials
- Provides additional comfort with independently encased coils in the sofa cushions
- Wrapped in high-quality faux leather upholstery
- The armrests lack side padding for extra comfort
- The backrest is about half of its cushion’s height only
5. Divano Roma Furniture Bonded Leather Sleeper/Pull Out Sofa and Bed, Full Size
Designed to fit a Full-Size mattress, this 2-seater sofa bed is perfect for single adults and teenagers. Coming from Divano Roma Furniture, you can guarantee that this versatile furniture is made from high-quality materials. It has overstuffed sofa cushions with a firm filling to provide added comfort. It requires minimal assembly to save you time handling tools.
- Measures 36 x 70 x 30″ as a sofa and 53 x 72 x 22″ as a bed
- 59 x 22″ seat includes a 6″ cushion to guarantee your comfort
- Holds up to 350 lbs
- Fits a Full Size mattress that measures 53 x 70.5 x 4″
- Durable bonded leather upholstery covers the entire sofa to secure its cushions
- Requires very minimal assembly
- The removable back and seat cushions can be attached with Velcro straps to maximize space
- Contains a firm but comfortable foam filling
- The mattress can be too small for an average size couple
- The armrests lack enough cushioning
6. Modway Alcove Sofa Navy, Queen Size
Known as a distributor of lighting, office, bedroom, dining, and living room furniture, Modway showcases an innovative sofa bed. The design of this Modway pull out sofa bed is inspired by the combination of mid-century and modern style. Available in various colors, you can maximize your space with this multipurpose piece of furniture. Convertible to a sofa or a bed, it is backed by a reliable frame that provides excellent support.
- Weighs 163 lbs with 441 lbs weight capacity and 77.5 x 35.5 x 33″ product dimension
- Mid-century style emphasizes straight edges and classic button tufting on the backrest
- Navy blue upholstery gives it a striking appeal that matches its design
- Concealed Queen Size mattress makes a nice alternative to conventional beds
- Ideal for living room, office, and bedroom
- Provides maximum support with durable metal frame
- Upholstered cushions keep the mattress out of sight
- Functions as a comfy lounge solution
- The pull out mattress could have been thicker
Things to Consider Before Buying a Pull Out Sofa Bed
The best pull out sofa beds offer versatility by transitioning easily from a sofa to a bed and back again. Available in various styles and sizes, you can find a Full, Queen, or even King Size. The bigger the sofa, the bigger the bed it can fit inside.
The best-selling type is the 3-seater sofa which is also available in a sectional design. Here are some things to consider before you buy a pull out sofa bed:
One of the main reasons why customers buy a pull out sofa bed is because of its space-saving design. It’s a perfect solution if you live in a small apartment where there isn’t room for a bed and a sofa. You should consider its exact size when folded as well as when opened as a bed.
Normally, the larger the mattress you want to accommodate, the more the sofa bed weighs. As much as possible, opt for a product that weighs less for easier mobility and operation.
Pull out sofa beds come in different styles which can match your taste and preference. If you are content with a small mattress, there is a loveseat style. There are also 2 to 3-seater sofas that can fit Full to King Size Mattresses. If you want a sofa that can fit in corners, there are also casual sectionals on the market.
Aside from the sofa bed’s good looks don’t forget that it is the mattress inside that matters when it comes to sleep. If you’re planning to sleep on it every night, make sure that the mattress is made from high-quality materials. Pull out sofa beds can accommodate different kinds of mattresses including foam, cotton or polyester, air-over-coil, or innerspring. Research the kind of mattress included in the sofa bed of your choice.
Its frame should be durable enough to hold the mattress and stand years of regular use. At the same time, its inner mechanism should be constructed with smooth edges. Rough edges may get caught in your blankets or sheets and cause damage. Most importantly, its parts should be made from high-quality materials to ensure durability and stability while you sleep.
When it comes to sofa beds, functionality matters. Pull out sofa beds should be hassle-free to open and close even with one hand. The bed frame is typically hidden under the sofa’s removable cushion. Once the cushions are removed, you simply reach down and pull the frame’s handle to unfold the hidden mattress.
Now that you know our top picks for the best pull out sofa beds, are you ready to buy one? Pull out sofa beds are designed to provide a solution for those who seek comfort in a small space. It is perfect for those who want to combine the comfort and function of a sofa and a bed. As a versatile piece of furniture, it is also a great alternative to conventional beds for accommodating overnight guests.