How to Remove Dried Blood Stains from Mattress?
For women, removing of stains from the mattress or carpet has always been a hard work, especially for dry blood. Because the dry blood stain is the most difficult stain to clean, hardness increases as the blood permeate into the mattress. It can be said that it is the biggest obsession for women.
The question “How to remove the blood stain from mattress” is always on their minds and they must find the solutions to solve it as soon as possible. Fortunately, Mattress1000 have found many solutions to treating stubborn stains that penetrate deep into the mattress.
How to Remove Blood Stains: 8 Effective Solutions
With these solutions, you can confidently believe that your family always has clean and smooth mattresses. This is one of the best ways to take care of your family’s health and you can to bring the moment of true relaxation to your family after a stressful working day.
Solution 1: Water
The familiar way to remove a blood stain from a mattress that we can think of is using the water. This solution is quite simple, but it only works on small and new blood stains. The ability to clean the blood stains removal completely out of the mattress is tough. The steps are as follows:
- Step 1: Moisten the dirt area with cold water.
- Step 2: Use a dry cloth to absorb the remaining moisture. We can repeat this operation several times until the mattress is dry. Do not scrub or rub against the dirt because it will spread blood or permeate into the mattress deeper.
Solution 2: Salt
Salt is one of the most effective solutions to remove the blood stain from a mattress. You can apply it so easy as 3 steps below:
- Step 1: Mix 2 teaspoons of salt with 1 cup of cold water.
- Step 2: Pour the mixture into a spray bottle and spread the solution into the blood on the mattress.
- Step 3: Use a dry cloth or sheets to soak the dirt until the mattress become clean.
Solution 3: The specialized bleach solution
The usual method to clean the blood stains out of a mattress or carpet that we usually mentioned is using the specialized bleach solution, and it is not difficult to try.
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of dishwater liquid with 2 cups of cold water to create a washing solution.
- Step 2: Put a clean cloth into the washing solution and apply it to the dirty area of the mattress. If the blood is dry and penetrated deep, you can use the toothbrush to run lightly, pay attention to avoid splotching blood
- Step 3: Use a wet towel to absorb the dirt and wipe with a dry towel.
Solution 4: Salt and dishwater detergent
There is a combination of salt and dishwater detergent for effective cleaning of stains. This is one of the solutions Mattress 1000 need to consider removing the blood stain from the mattress. If your home does not have dishwasher available, you can use shampoo instead. It also achieves the expected effect.
- Step 1: First you mix 2 tablespoons of salt and 1 tablespoon of dishwater liquid or shampoo to create a cleansing solution.
- Step 2: Make wet the dried bloody area of the mattress with cold water
- Step 3: Soak the bloody area of the mattress with the cleansing solution above, keeping it for 15 to 30 minutes
- Step 4: Then cleaned it up again with cold water
Solution 5: Baking Soda
You can also use Baking Soda to clean your mattress as a safe solution. We can say that Banking Soda is the protector of your mattress because this solution is a safe, cheap and easy to use. It is an effective solution for your family, which you should know. The procedure is so simple to include 3 steps:
- Step 1: Mix 1 part Baking Soda into 2 parts cold water to dissolve the flour
- Step 2: Using a soft cotton towel to absorb the water on dry blood and keep it for about 30 minutes to melt the stain
- Step 3: Use a clean towel to absorb cold water and clean the stain
Solution 6: Hydrogen peroxide
In the event, you meet the hard blood stains you can use Hydrogen Peroxide as a suitable way to Remove Blood Stain from a Mattress. This is the last solution you can apply because it has certain disadvantages such as bleaching properties and can undermine your mattress fabric. This solution is more complex than the previous solution, specifically as follows:
- Step 1: Moisten the bloodstained area on the mattress with 3% hydrogen peroxide
- Step 2: Keep the stained area on the mattress where moistened with hydrogen peroxide for 30 minutes
- Step 3: Use a dry cloth to absorb the foam (you can do this several times until the blood is really cleaned)
- Step 4: Use a damp cloth with cold water to clean the cleaning area
- Step 5: Finally, use a dry towel to absorb moisture until the mattress is completely dry.
Solution 7: Ammonia
You can use Ammonia as a way to remove it from a Mattress without banking soda or Hydrogen Peroxide. Because Ammonia is also good detergent, similar to Hydrogen peroxide, ammonia can easily make your mattress weak, especially the carpet or mattress made of wool. Therefore, you need to consider this solution carefully before applying it. Steps to bleach the mattress with Ammonia are as follows:
- Step 1: Mix 1 tablespoon of Ammonia with 1/2 cup of cold water
- Step 2: Pour Ammonia solution into a spray
- Step 3: Spray the ammonia solution on dry blood and keep it for 5 minutes
- Step 4: Use a dry cloth to absorb this solution, pay attention not to rub
- Step 5: Use a damp cloth with cold water to rinse the dirt again on the mattress
- Step 6: Use a dry towel or sheets to absorb moisture until the mattress is dry completely
Solution 8: Vinegar
In addition, if you know tips to remove a blood stain from in innerspring mattress by the friendly solution of vinegar you can clean the stains out of your mattress completely and still keep the quality of the mattress. It is so simple with many steps below:
- Step 1: Mix ¼ cup white vinegar and ¾ cup water together
- Step 2: Pour the vinegar mixture into the aerosol
- Step 3: Spray vinegar solution on dry blood stains and let stand for 30 minutes
- Step 4: Use a dry towel to absorb moisture until the mattress is really dry
In all solutions, the solution for bleaching with vinegar and banking soda is the safest, most economical and effective one. If you know how to deep clean a mattress with baking soda and vinegar you can solve all types of stains not only the blood stains.
Important Tips You Should Notice
When you proceed to remove it from the best mattress you should pay attention to the following issues:
- When blood is detected on the mattress, you need to treat it immediately to prevent the blood penetrate into the mattress. If it is dry or persistent on the mattress, it is very difficult to remove dried blood from the mattress completely.
- If your mattress material is made from wool, it should not be used Ammonia solution or Hydrogen peroxide solution, you should choose the safer solutions such as Banking Soda or vinegar.
- Using cold water instead of warm water because our habit usually uses warm water. In this case, warm water will not have the effect of reducing the stain but instead can soften the fibers so the fresh blood stain can spread faster and wider.
You now know tips remove it from memory foam and air mattress, right? Well. It is easier than you think a lot. There are dozens of different solutions for you to choose, but we recommend the ones which are easy to follow and get the amazing results with low cost.
Choose one from the above list and implement it immediately. If you keep it longer, the dried blood stain harder to disappear completely. In case, a solution can not delete it completely, try one another way! Sometimes, the blood stains are “a bit headstrong”.
Finally, thank you for reading our article, Mattress1000 will be happy to see you like and share it. If you have any questions, please write a comment below!