8 Most Comfortable Pillows Reviews 2021
Choosing the most comfortable pillow may seem very simple but it’s actually more complicated than you think. Clearly, it’s not as simple as picking a new pillow before modern pillows were introduced on the market. Now, there are various kinds of pillows to choose from that include memory foam, latex, innerspring, down, feather, and more. Depending on your sleeping position, some pillows may or may not work as well especially if you have back issues. It’s also worth to remember if you are a hot or cold sleeper. This is because some pillows may retain more heat which makes it warmer. Thus, be sure to check our guide below before you buy any pillow.
8 Top Most Comfortable Pillow Reviews
Sleep Whale Premium Shredded Memory Foam Pillow, Queen
For a pillow that costs about $25, this Editor’s Choice contains high-quality memory foam that you can adjust. Primarily, this is designed for side and stomach sleepers especially those with neck and upper back problems. However, back sleepers could also benefit from it since its firmness is customizable. Thus it can mold better to your neck and head for better support and sleep posture. Its shredded foam allows better air circulation to help you stay cool even during warm nights. This bamboo pillow is also hypoallergenic so it won’t be a target of dust mites unless you don’t wash it.
For those who want a comfortable pillow at an affordable price, this one will do. It is made from materials with premium quality to ensure that it lasts longer than regular pillows. It’s also easy to wash and dry up which we really like about it aside from offering an adjustable comfort.
Le’vista Hotel Collection Set of 2 Pillows, Standard
Ideal for those who suffer from neck pains, this set of pillows from Le’vista is a bang for the buck. In fact, even those sleepers who suffer from positional dizziness sometimes can ease it using this pillow. It has the same quality that guests enjoy in hotels but it’s also affordable for budget-seekers. It is made from memory foams that are shredded to offer a more breathable filling.
It contains hypoallergenic and eco-friendly materials that are ideal for those with allergies. It’s also stain-resistant so you can wash and dry it up without dealing with stubborn stains.
Le’vista has been known for its Smart Home Bedding that includes luxury pillows with fiber filling. But what we really like about this pillow is its stylish and luxury comfort that makes its user sleep like a royal. It’s a great alternative for those who can’t or don’t want to buy natural down pillows that are more expensive. Thus, it’s an inexpensive and comfortable option.
Coop Home Goods Premium Shredded Memory Foam Pillow, King
If you’re into experimentation, this pillow from Coop Home Goods might work just fine. It offers an adjustable fill that you can customize to get its right feel. It also comes with a removable pillow cover that you can easily throw in the washing machine and dryer. When maintaining its shape and comfort, simply put it in the dryer to regain it.
It’s premium blend of microfiber and memory foam gives it medium-firm firmness level which is great for back sleepers. Moreover, its used foams are guaranteed GREENGUARD and CertiPUR-US Certified. Thus, you can ensure that its rate of chemical emissions is low.
Though this Coop Home Goods pillow costs a little higher than its competitors, its quality is impressive. It contains the freshly made blend of cross cut foams that are adjustable according to whatever its user desires. It’s also encased by a lightweight stretchy fabric that permits it to adopt different shapes and sleeping positions. Thus, we recommend this to those who are willing to pay extra to enjoy a high-quality pillow that’s supportive and comfy.
Zen Bamboo Ultra Plush Set of 2 Gel Pillows, Queen
Since this pillow from Zen Bamboo contains gel fiber, it doesn’t retain too much heat which makes it cooler to sleep on. Its exclusive construction also guarantees that maximum comfort and softness that it can provide since it’s filled with shredded foams. Even though it’s not as supportive as memory foam pillows, it is made from eco-friendly and hypoallergenic materials. Thus, it is a great set of pillows for sensitive sleepers not to mention because it also provides spinal support.
CozyCloud Deluxe Bamboo Memory Foam Pillow, Queen Softer
100% made in the USA, this CozyCloud pillow is filled with shredded foams that dissipate heat from your body. Without a solid foam, you can fluff it out whenever you feel like its’ too flat for your liking. Recommended by Chiropractor, it offers neck and back support to ensure your spinal alignment. It is encased by a hypoallergenic fabric cover that prevents dust mites.
It’s also hassle-free to clean since it’s fully machine washable and dryer safe. With eco-friendly and non-toxic materials, it’s perfectly safe for all ages.
Xtreme Comforts Shredded Memory Foam Pillow, King
Another comfortable pillow that is made with hypoallergenic materials, it is 100% made in the USA. It is filled with shredded memory foam that is encased in a breathable cover made from vented bamboo. Its cooling technology allows better airflow through the pillow which dissipates heat from your body. Aside from keeping those dust mites and molds away, it can also promote spinal alignment. Its comfort level is also great for those who experience frequent migraines, snoring, and insomnia.
MASTERTEX Down Alternative Bed Pillow, Queen
Specially tailored with 300 thread counts and pure cotton fabric cover, this pillow from MASTERTEX is definitely a good buy. Available at about $32 only, it is filled with 100% polyester fiber materials that make it a cheaper down pillow alternative. With a down-like filling, its comfort level makes it ideal for all sleep positions. In addition, its breathable fabric keeps its cool especially on warmer nights while keeping those bed bugs and dust mites away.
beegod Comfortable Bed Pillow Better Sleeping, Queen
If you’re in love with the idea of sleeping on clouds, this might be the pillow you’ve been looking for. It provides comfort and pain relief by keeping your neck free from stiffness and pain. It can also help prevent migraines due to a poor neck and head support. Its convenient design allows you to use it whatever your preferred sleeping positions.
With its stylish and white color, it can blend with your bedding easily. Moreover, it requires less maintenance so keeping it clean won’t be a problem.
Buying Guide of the Most Comfortable Pillows
Keeping a proper posture is one of the most important things to consider when achieving a refreshing sleep. Aside from the fact that it can help you have a soundly sleep, it can prevent body pains and stiffness. Your pillow supports your head, neck, and upper back which affect your sleep posture. Thus, this guide will help you find the most comfortable pillow.
Believe it or not, your sleeping position can directly affect your health from your respiration and spinal alignment. It can even affect the wrinkling of your skin which is often overlooked by many. However, you can combat its negative effects with the help of the right pillow that can suit your sleep position.
- Back Sleepers – For back sleepers, a pillow that is medium to firm is the best choice for optimum neck and head support. In this case, a pillow that is made from foam is also ideal.
- Stomach Sleepers – For stomach sleepers, a soft and flat pillow is the best choice. This provides you with enough support without lifting your head and neck too high. In this case, the best pillows that you can choose from should be filled with feathers, synthetic, down, or wool fiber.
- Side Sleepers – For side sleepers, a pillow that is firm to the a firm will work great as it ensures better support. Aside from proper spinal support, it helps to maintain your consistent height which sleepers from all ages could benefit from.
Kinds of Pillows
Clearly, not all pillows are the same and these are some of the most common pillows you can choose from:
- Latex pillow – this kind of pillow can either be made from natural or synthetic latex. Natural latex pillows use the sticky fluid that comes directly from rubber trees. Meanwhile, synthetic latex pillows use man-made materials from different chemicals to offer a cheaper option. But there are also pillows that are made from a combination of natural and synthetic latex materials.
Regardless, latex pillows are known for their softness compared with memory foam pillows. At the same time, it helps relieve pressure points while maintaining its breathability.
- Memory foam pillow – memory foam is pretty popular nowadays when it comes to pillows and mattresses. It provides both neck and back support by contouring to the body shape. This makes it more comfortable than any other traditional pillow on the market. However, memory foam tends to retain heat which makes users sweat especially those who are hot sleepers.
Thus, some memory foams use cooling technology to reduce its heat. Gel-infused memory foams usually come with moisture-wicking pillowcases as well to keep it cooler. Natural memory foams, on the other hand, are known for being hypoallergenic and eco-friendly. Furthermore, shredded foams provide a more flexible filling that mold easier according to your desired shape. Most importantly, it’s also more breathable.
- Feather pillow – this is quite similar to down pillows when it comes to the comfort level. However, it’s not ideal if you’re sensitive with odor and less tolerant with poking quills. It’s also harder to clean just like the down pillows.
- Innerspring pillow – this can be the perfect partner of innerspring mattresses as it guarantees both comfort and support. It contains steels springs insider that is covered by layers of polyester or memory foam. It may not be the softest pillow but it’s ergonomically certified with regards to providing optimum neck and head support.
- Down pillow – compared with feather pillows, down pillows are more comfortable and durable. It doesn’t have that poking quills though it also come with its natural odor. Down pillows are lighter, softer and more breathable which allow it to provide a luxurious feeling.
- Microfiber pillow – this is also known as polyester-filled pillows or polyfill which are hypoallergenic. It’s commonly used as an alternative to down pillows since it’s more affordable and easier to clean. It’s also soft but not that supportive and breathable like memory foam pillows.
- Smart pillow – this pillow combines a layer of high-quality fill and fabric plus the latest technology. Its built-in technology allows users to monitor their sleep via its sleep app and sleep tracking sensors. Some may also come with built-in streaming audio, speakers, and anti-snoring technology. Just remember to prepare your pockets since it’s very expensive.
Now that you know the kinds of sleeping positions, have you considered already the best pillow that suits your style? Take note that there are different kinds of pillows which may take time to filter. If you want to buy is the most comfortable pillow, test it yourself. No matter how great are the reviews about a certain pillow, you can’t really tell if it’s comfortable enough without trying it.
After all, we have different standards when it comes to the pillows’ comfort levels. So, some pillows might feel really comfortable and supportive for others but not for you.